Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Did Someone Say Saint Augustine??????



Ahhhhh yes.... Saint Augustine, Florida!!! The mere mention of the old city makes my mind reel with excitement! Hello everyone! Allow me to introduce myself..... My name is Kiki, (stands and waves to the crowd....) and yes, I am a Saint Augustineaholic! (The crowd then answers, in unison, "Hello Kiki!" - followed by a round of applause) Yes, this enchanting town stole my soul many years ago, when I was a wee child. My first visit was for a 5th Grade Field Trip with my entire class. Shortly after this visit, my parents decided to do a weekend vacation for the fam...... Yeah, that probably could have been a bit better, seeing as my younger brother and myself were riddled with Chicken Pox for the entire stay...... But, that was neither here nor there to a young girl with a HUGE imagination! We took the city by storm, and vacation ended with me in tears, never wanting to leave..... So began my Saint Augustine Mania.....

As I grew, we continued to visit St. Aug (as I lovingly call it!); and it continued to tickle my fancy. We, my family and I, decided to vacation there as often as possible. It was "THE Destination" for all fun, relaxation, intruge, and gluttony..... Wait! Did I just say that out loud????? Yup, guess there's no taking THAT one back, huh? Well, since it is out in the open, here goes nothing. Saint Augustine is not only an interesting city from a historical standpoint, but its small eateries and amazing restaurants out-do any city I've visited previously.... I started to tell all my friends about everything we discovered.... They told their friends what we said... The friends then messaged me on FB or some similar platform to see what I thought of what their plans were, etc, etc, etc..... Well, to make a rather long, drawn-out, and frankly, quite boring explanation of how I came to decide to start this blog a little shorter for you folks..... My husband made me do it!!!!! There! I've said it!!!!!!!!! Heehee... Yeah, I had a good giggle and thought to meself, well, he does have a point......... And so, Eureka!!!!, a blog was born! Ta-dahhhhh! Yeah, you can throw money if you want.... But I do not advise it as it will hurt when it bounces of your monitor onto your noses!

Sooooooooooooo, whatever will I talk about????? Yeah, the blog states that there will be food! But of course there will, as it is one of my favorite things.... But, I plan on attempting to keep you all informed of special events happening in the grand old city, as well as maybe some haunting tales - seeing as it IS October and almost Halloween..... Maybe we'll discuss shopping? Sight-seeing? Or, maybe some local businesses that are under-appreciated???? We'll see....

Well.. as you can tell, I am fully capable of holding a conversation with myself, to some length, and well.... Maybe I should get out a "bit" more????? Um... Yeah, okay.... So, with that in mind, I shall take my leave of this post.... Hopefully you will be hearing from me very soon.... Maybe some reviews of Bed & Breakfasts in town like the St. Francis Inn? Or maybe the Bayfront Marin House? Hmmmm, maybe in the future I can give some of the places a ring, do some interviews? What do you think?????  Feel free to message me and give me some input as to what content you would enjoy reading about and discovering.....

As for now, I wish you all a grand afternoon/evening/night/morning/etc.... Good afternoon, Mrs. Calabash, wherever you are............... ((( Yeah, I changed it to good afternoon... Maybe I need a nap..... )))


No comments:

Post a Comment